Mobile Food Distribution - Volunteers needed
Feeding South Dakota has volunteer opportunities the 2nd Wednesday of every month at our Pierre Mobile Food Distribution in front of River Cities Public Transit, 1600 E. Dakota Ave. in Pierre. This opportunity is for up to 20 volunteers from 9:30AM – 1PM.
Pierre Mobile Food Distribution
Volunteers will assist with a variety of tasks to help with the monthly distribution of emergency food boxes to the public that takes place from 10 am - 1 pm on the second Wednesday of the month.
Volunteer duties may include:
- Assisting Feeding South Dakota staff in setting up/organizing the distribution site
- Helping unload food boxes from pallets for distribution
- Greeting the public
- Registering guests receiving food using tablet computers or clipboards/paper
- Loading food boxes into vehicle trunks and ensuring a friendly farewell
Please arrive 10 minutes early and wear comfortable clothing in layers and closed-toe/closed-heel shoes. Volunteers will be given instructions and training upon arrival and will have staff support and supervision throughout their shift.
- Ability to stand and walk for 2-3 hours at a time
- Ability to lift 10 to 30 pounds
- Work will be outdoors. Please dress accordingly.
This position will be in a parking lot around vehicle traffic. For safety reasons, all volunteers must be 11 years or older. Volunteers under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Date and Time
Wednesday Nov 10, 2021
9:30 AM - 1:00 PM CST
2nd Wednesday of each month, 9:30am-1pm
River Cities Public Transit, 1600 E Dakota Ave, Pierre
Feeding South Dakota - Pierre