How to Choose Colors for Your New Logo
A logo is the first impression people will have of your brand. With studies revealing users take 0.05 seconds to form an opinion about your business, there is a need to make your logo really stand out. Most successful and iconic logos that make a brand instantly recognizable leverages best-suited colors in the right way. The right color for your logo helps emphasize your brand's visual aesthetics and messaging, so you attract the desired audience. Experts from the chamber of commerce have come up with the following tips to help you choose the right color for your logo.
Consider the Context
When choosing the ideal color palette, consider the message your business needs to communicate. Assess the specific characteristics of your brand and the advantages you want to emphasize. These could include bold innovativeness, efficiency, compassion, speed, and more. For example, you can choose a blue shade to emphasize competence or red colors to bring out an aspect of courage and energy.
Understand What Each Color Means
If you need your logo associated with specific emotion and meaning, you must understand what each color means. The following are some of the widely used color pellets:
- Red: Evokes passion, aggressiveness, energy, or provocative. Red is a powerful choice for brands that want to stand out from the pack. It is a color of choice for companies in art, media, food, drink, technology, retail.
- Orange: Focuses on cheerful harmony and excitement. It evokes feelings of vitality, fun, playfulness, and exuberance
- Yellow: Communicates hope and optimism. It also stimulates creativity and energy. It can be a great color to catch a customer's attention
- Green: Green is a universal color implying calm, freshness, and health. Deeper greens are synonymous with affluence, while lighter greens are associated with serenity. It is an excellent color for businesses in the finances or gardening niche.
- Blue: Blue is undeniably the most popular choice for a brand color. Blue communicates trustworthiness, dependability, security, and responsibility. Most companies in the finance industry have a blue shade in their logos.
- Black: If you want your brand to look modern, stylish, and elegant, choose a black shade for your logo. Black works exceptionally well for expensive products as it communicates prestige, value, timelessness, and sophistication.
Essentially, you don't have to use just one color in your logo. Using a variety of colors is an effective way to emphasize the uniqueness of your product or service and communicate a broader message to your audience. Consider using 2 or 3 colors to bring out the unique qualities of your brand. Check which combination works perfectly for you and which doesn't work. For example, you can combine a courageous brown and an inviting yellow.
Understand the Symbolic Value of the Color
If your company has an international reach, do in-depth research on the symbolic value of the color you choose and how it is perceived in various cultures. For example, the color white is perceived as the color of purity in most western countries, but it represents death in some eastern communities.
Make It Stand Out
A quality logo goes a long way in enhancing brand recognition. If you want your business to stand out from the crowded field, ensure the color palette you choose is hugely different from that of your main competitors.
Maximize Your Visibility with the Right Color
Color plays a bigger role in marketing than most brands are aware of. Color influences the way the public perceives your company. It doesn't matter how great your logo or message is; if you are using the wrong color, your brand will definitely suffer. If you need help choosing the right colors for your business, don't hesitate to contact us at the Chamber for recommendations of local branding experts.